This small beach, located north of Malibu just off Highway 1 is framed by bluffs and look out on boats moored nearby. Don’t be surprised if it looks familiar. Television programs The OC, Baywatch, and The Rockford Files were filmed here, and movies American Pie 2 and Beach Blanket Bingo.
Owner Bob Morris grew up in Malibu and wants to preserve a slice of the Southern California beach life he grew up with, making Paradise Cove the kind of place tourists seldom find.
Entrance Fee: Per-person fee if you walk in or get dropped off
Parking Fee: Parking fees vary depending on how long you stay at Paradise Cove and whether you get validation from the restaurant.
Creature Comforts at Paradise Cove Beach, Malibu:
- Restrooms (super-clean)
- Bob Morris’ Beach Cafe on-premises
- No dogs allowed
Paradise Cove Beach Activities:
- Fishing from the pier
- Beach volleyball
- Dinner or drinks at the beachfront restaurant
Highs and Lows at Paradise Cove Beach:
- All-day parking costs more than nearby public beaches in Malibu, but restaurant validation covers 4 hours’ parking, enough time for a meal and a little beach play.
- Entry fees keep crowds at bay.
- Avoid weekend waits. Weekdays crowds are just enough to make it feel lively. Call 310-457-2503 for restaurant reservations.
- Restaurant prices seem high at first, but portions are enormous. One appetizer order can feed four. Splitting an entree or taking half home makes portions and prices just right.
Paradise Cove Beach Events:
- Fourth of July fireworks
- Live music in the restaurant every Tuesday and Thursday