The Ho Chi Minh City Department of Culture, Sports and Tourism will coordinate with the representative agency of the Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism in HCM City, the Ho Chi Minh City Tourism Association, and Phu Tho Tourist Service Limited Company to organize the Southern Land Food Festival at Dam Sen Cultural Park from May 27 to 29, 2011.
This is one of the traditional culture – tourism events held annually by the tourism sector of the city to promote the excellent cultural values ??of Vietnamese gastronomy, especially Southern gastronomy.
According to the organization board, about 60 businesses including restaurants, hotels and the well-known Food and Beverage (F&B) businesses in the city and surrounding provinces have registered to participate in the festival up to now. The food pavilions will be designed according to culture of each region and arranged in topics such as: Central coast gastronomy, Highlands gastronomy, Southern gastronomy, Saigon gastronomy.
Coming to the festival, visitors will have opportunity to contemplate the specialists’ presentations of cooking arts, decorative arts of fruit & vegetable carving and enjoy the special performances such as amateur traditional music (don ca tai tu), classical theatre (hat boi), coastal chanty, bamboo dance (mua sap), Central Highlands gongs and traditional folk games of the South…
The Southern Land Food Festival 2011 creates favorable conditions for F&B related businesses in the city and the southern provinces to introduce to visitors their specialties. This is also an opportunity to exchange, share experiences as well as contribute to boosting the cooperation relations between tourism-related businesses throughout the country.
– Location of the festival: Dam Sen Cultural Park.
– Address: No. 3 Hoa Binh Road, Ward 3, District 11, Ho Chi Minh City.
– Price: VND 150,000 per person (including food coupon and entrance fee).
- Southern Fruit Festival in HCM City
- Ba Be recognised as the third Ramsar in Vietnam
- Sea and Island Festival 2011 opens
- Floating school emphasises heritage preservation
- Museum celebrates cuisine of resistance war
- Measures to preserve Nha Trang Bay discussed
- First national traditional puppetry festival to hold in Hai Duong
- Nha Trang Sea Festival to boost marine-based economy
- Culture and Tourism Week scheduled next month in Quang Binh